Wikipedia Sucks! (and so do its critics)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BullRangifer

Go down

BullRangifer Empty BullRangifer

Post by Soham321 Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:52 pm

I am impressed by the message BullRangifer has up on his user talk page:

Some may have noticed that my activity level isn't anywhere near what it used to be. Well, being a Wikipedia editor is just not that much fun anymore.

Wikilawyering has become a fine art that's exploited by partisan POV pushers and, predominantly right-wing, paid political whitewashers (the Koch brothers control many articles), and NPOV is pretty much impossible to maintain on such articles. It's not worth the effort (which is more like a battle), so a lot of the time I now avoid such conflict zones.

Fixing commas and grammar is pretty uncontroversial. It's a shame that talent, knowledge and experience are wasted. Experienced editors get burned out, and there is not an endless supply of such editors, so Wikipedia is bleeding. Until the community does something to rectify this situation, it will lose out on such talent and the editing pool will become more and more dominated by political hacks and amateur jerks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:BullRangifer

Soham321

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum